At The First Sign Of Nursing Home Abuse, We Can Help


If you placed a loved one in a nursing home or long-term care facility in Tennessee, it is because you trusted that facility to provide quality care and supervision. When your loved one experiences unnecessary injuries and other types of harm that could indicate abuse, that trust is broken, and you may be unsure of what to do next.

The experienced lawyers at Pryor Priest & Harber in Knoxville have decades of experience helping injuries victims and their families, including those who suffered as a result of mistreatment in nursing facilities. If your loved one suffered broken bones or other injuries, it could be a sign of being dropped or falling due to lack of appropriate supervision.

What Can You Do If A Loved One Fell Or Was Dropped?

Nursing homes have the responsibility of identifying patients who are at an elevated risk of falling or those who need support from staff to move. When a patient suffers injuries such as severe bruising and broken bones due to a fall or drop, it could indicate the following:

  • The patient did not receive adequate supervision and ended up falling and suffering an injury.
  • The nursing home did not provide sufficient staff members to help move the patient.
  • The facility failed to identify the patient as one who needs additional support and supervision.

Drops or falling could lead to serious injuries that can have detrimental consequences for your loved one. Elderly individuals often have a harder time recovering from even basic injuries, and your loved one could face a painful and lengthy recovery after just one incident.

We can evaluate your situation and determine if you have grounds to move forward with a civil claim against the nursing home you trusted with the care of your loved one. There is no excuse for negligent care, improper supervision and any other type of abuse – our attorneys will fight to hold all liable parties accountable.

We Can Help You Fight For Your Loved One

It is disheartening to learn your loved one suffered harm while living in a nursing home. We can help your family take action on his or her behalf and pursue appropriate compensation. Call us at [nap_phone id=”LOCAL-CT-NUMBER-3″] or send us an email to make an appointment for a free evaluation of your case.