We Can Help You Protect Your Senior Loved Ones
It is a major decision to place a loved one in a nursing home. Your Tennessee family likely spent a significant amount of time and effort to choose the right one, a place where your family member would receive quality care and support. It can be devastating to learn or suspect that your loved one faced either abuse or neglect while in the care of a nursing facility.
Whether you suspect that something may be wrong or you have evidence of mistreatment, our experienced personal injury attorneys can help. The lawyers at Pryor Priest & Harber will advocate for the rights of your loved one, helping your family hold liable parties accountable and seek appropriate compensation.
Common Signs Of Mistreatment In A Nursing Home
Nursing home patients are often reluctant to reach out for help or tell others of types of mistreatment they may be experiencing. Some common signs of neglect and various types of abuse include the following:
- Development of bedsores, also called also known as pressure sores, from lack of movement
- Elopement and repeated attempts to leave the facility without supervision
- Dehydration and rapid weight loss from lack of proper nutrition and care
- Prescription mistakes and problems with medication that lead to health complications
- Injuries from falls and being dropped by nursing home staff during movements
- Evidence of financial exploitation, including missing money and confusion about finances
- Sexual abuse and inappropriate contact of any kind with patients
Our attorneys understand your family may feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. We will provide the tenacious advocacy and effective legal representation necessary to hold all liable parties accountable from staff to management and nursing home owners.
Nursing home injuries are not only physically painful and sometimes life-threatening, they can leave the patient with serious emotional and mental trauma that can affect the rest of his or her life. We can help you address these sensitive matters and secure a better future for your loved one.
Helping Your Family Move Forward
If you suspect that your loved one who lives in a nursing home is experiencing any type of abuse of neglect, we can help. Call our Knoxville office at [nap_phone id=”LOCAL-CT-NUMBER-3″] to learn how we can help, or you can email us as well.